Why were we founded?
The R.E.A.C.H. Foundation, Inc. was founded in 2014 by Cierra Carter and close friend, Chaz Robinson. Their personal stories motivated them to be advocates for young children, low income families, minorities and disadvantaged individuals. They wanted to assist in rebuilding and empowering avenues that create hope.
R.E.A.C.H. strives to provide various programs aimed to build self-esteem and confidence in our community and ensure we have leaders who continue to be of service to the community.
Annual 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament
· Children from ages 7-15 in the community learn about sportsmanship, collaboration, teamwork, leadership, and so much more. It also serves as an event in which kids can have a ton of fun in a safe space.
· Our Annual Basketball Tournament includes food vendors, face painting, local artists and free giveaways from our partners in the community.
Annual Toy Drive
· We host a fun party and provide over 300 gifts to kids during the holidays in order to spread positivity and good spirits.
· Mental health is a taboo topic in many disadvantaged communities, and we are working to destigmatize and understand mental health within our community.
· We host various instructors who promote fitness in youth and adults through a variety of classes, such as bootcamp and dance classes.